Thursday, January 14, 2010

Meet the Smeared and Smudged Design Team- Alison

So most of you know that the Smeared and Smudged Forum on Ning now has a Design Team. And if you didn't, well, now you do. For the next couple of Fridays, I'd like to take the time to introduce you to the amazing members of the team. Each week I'll be featuring a different DT member and telling you a little bit about them and their creative stories.

Today, it's all about Alison!

Glitter Words




Alison is a teal-haired, art and craft fanatic. Even at 32, she's a goth chic with a rocker edge, and it often comes out in her work. She prefers the roads less traveled... the ones that are a little darker, freakier. She loves to make things that will surprise you with color, content and symbolism. She tries to show people the other side of the spectrum, and to get people to open their minds.

Alison has been a crafter since her mom first handed her a crayon. She has always had a love for it; it’s in her blood! Her first big passion has always been jewelry making. Her mom used to take her to garage sales (from about the time that she was 4), buy her old beaded necklaces, cut them up and let her re-string them. It’s been a love affair ever since which eventually grew into an obsession with silversmithing. Her other big passions are scrapbooking and card making. She loves paper and all the wonderful things you can do to it. The messier, the better in her mind. In addition, Alison loves to stamp, make altered art, draw, paint, and whatever else she can create while getting her hands dirty.

Beyond being a crafter, Alison is the blessed mom to Phoenix and Rhiannon, and the lucky wife to Gene. Alison loves to of course spend quality time with her family, read, play video games, and to simply make art! Alison graduated from Hofstra University with a Fine Arts Degree and Specialization in Silversmithing.

Glitter Words
















Glitter Words



http://alisonsrandomthoughts.blogspot.com/



So, I hope you enjoy visiting Alison and seeing all the wonderful creativity she has to offer!!! Next Friday I'll be featuring another great member of the Smeared and Smudged design team, and in the meantime since I'm no longer extremely sick, I may have a few projects up my sleeve for you in the coming week.

7 comments:

  1. This is wonderful! Thank you for doing this, I can hardly wait to get to know a bit more about all the DT!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool. Thank you for the little interview with Alison.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Thank you so much for doing this Terra! Like Alex said, I'd love to know more about my fellow S&S girls!

    ReplyDelete
  4. SWEET!!!!!! Although I have to say Alison, you are making me put on my big word cap for when Terra interviews me!!!!! LOL mwah!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Big fan of your amazing work Alison!! Love your artsy, edge-y and unique style!! Such gorgeous projects! You are such a doll with that blue hair! LOVE it!! And, love your style! Looking forward to more of your S&S creations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Alison - Such wonderful things to read about you!!! Love your style and I totally get your vibe. I'm glad I'm not the only Mommy out there with "colored" hair! Mine is hot purple all in the back!!! I have to get it done again soon as it bleeds out so fast but it's so fun!! My kiddies love it!! And your babies are GORGEOUS!! What lucky kids to have SUCH a cool and fantabulous Mumma!!
    XOXO
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete