Thursday, December 31, 2009

Plethora of Prickley Pear

Today I'm sharing with you some of the cards that I created throughout this month for the Prickley Pear Design Team. I've really enjoyed finding different looks for these stamps and am very excited to give you a little peek of what I've been up to.

Below you'll find four different cards that used Prickley Pear stamps and decorative papers from a Rockstar paper pack. I loved matching the papers to the stamps and making them interesting and fun!

For this first one, I used some copper mesh as my background. I embossed the "Guitar With Wings ATC" stamp onto decorative paper using copper powder, and then went in with my white gel pen to add details. I also framed the mesh with the same decorative paper, then used folded mesh, brown raffia, and my white gel pen to add accents on the card.




This next picture is a little off in the coloring, but you can get the idea. The card is actually a rosey pink without the yellow tinge to it. I stamped the "Skull and Crossbones" stams onto white cardstock and colored with my prismas; then I covered the whole thing with clear mini microbeads. My wodrs were also stamped on white, and a pink jewel brad was added as an accent. After layering my deco paper onto my card, some shiny pink thread was added behind my main image and everything was attached together. I know pink is odd for this stamp, but who says girly girls can't be bad?




I think this card is my favorite out of the four. I used a black card base, and believe it or not, the decorative paper came out of a shipping box. It was the stuff they had to pad the box. Awesome paper, and very textural! The flower image came off of the "Fabulous and Funky" half sheet. I stamped it in black and then used my white gel pen to add accents. I ripped some black paper and a long strip of the packing paper, then used it to wrap and tie a knot. Finally I added in eyelets and a black brad, and stamped the word "Live" by using a saying from the "Motorcycle and Pinup Girl" half sheet.




Finally, I used blacks, grays, and white to make this card. The stamped guitar image also came from the "Fabulous and Funky" half sheet, and was stamped and embossed in silver on gray cardstock. I used black watercolor to add some darker shadows to it. I layered torn paper, decorative paper, and some striped tied ribbon, then added cut out stars and eyelets to finish it off.



I hope you enjoy seeing these fun cards, and stay tuned in the next few days for some more cards and projects. I actually have a few spare days for stamping fun, and I plan on using them!

And don't forget, today is the last day to enter the sketch challenges over on the Smeared and Smudged Ning Group to win the fabulous "Retro Cowgirl" set from Bombshell Stamps. Hurry over to get your sketch on! And Happy New Years Eve!

No comments:

Post a Comment