Wednesday, November 4, 2009

The Creationist Tree Spinner- Bombshell Hump Day Hop

Welcome to the first November Bombshell Hump Day Hop! Just in case you haven't been here before, each Wednesday the Bombshell Design Team brings you a wicked blog hop that features themed stamp projects and fabulous prizes!

Getting an entry to win is really easy. Just take a look at my project and leave me a comment. Then hop over to the other DT member blogs and leave them a comment about their project as well. For every comment you make, you get an entry.

This week we are all welcoming our Ms. November Bombshell, Mary G.
Big, warm welcomes to you, Mary!!!
Ms. November has presented us with a challenge that rocks, literally. Our challenge is to use song lyrics as inspiration for our project, and I am so thrilled to be participating this week. I LOVE using song lyrics! To view the challenge details, visit the Bombshell Stamps Forum after you've hopped.

For my project I wanted to use the song "The Creationist" by Kerli, which is the song playing on my blog today. The lyrics are:

This is an old and funny poem
I accidentally overheard.
It keeps the little children playing
And bigger children spread the word.
My memory is bad so I always tend to forget
How it goes but

Life is my creation.
Is my best friend.
Imagination is my defense.
And I’ll keep walking
When skies are grey.
Whatever happens
Was meant that way.

Your no better or no worse than the others
We are all the same.
Life is just a moment
You might as well enjoy this day.
It’s time to start believing that everything you want is
On its way and

Life is my creation.
Is my best friend.
Imagination is my defense.
And I’ll keep walking
When skies are grey.
Whatever happens
Was meant that way.

We’ll be growing
Into knowing
While we’re flowing
Keep on going

Life is my creation.
Is my best friend.
Imagination is my defense.
And I’ll keep walking
When skies are grey.
Whatever happens
Was meant that way.

I’m a creationist, oh
I’m a creationist.

This is an old and funny poem
I accidentally overheard

When I listened to the lyrics I knew I wanted to make something free and creative, so I chose to make a tree spinner. It is similar to a windchime; you hang it in a tree or on a porch outside, but instead of making noise it spins in the wind.


*click pics for larger views*











I used an awesome piece of metal that I found at goodwill for the top piece. I'm not sure what it was supposed to be, some sort of decoration, but I painted it up with acrylics and nailpolish to suit my purpose. Then I used scrabble tiles to make my two spinning words: create and live. These words are interchangeable in my world! I can't live without creating, it's just part of me.

My paper art collage doll at the bottom of the spinner was made using five different Bombshell sets: Mermaid Anchor, Pirates Life, Till Death, Sugar Skulls, and Butterfly Queen. I also used the banner that says "No Regrets" from the Girl's Ruin set on the front of the metal piece. Both were colored with prismas and nail polish. On the back of the art doll, I scripted out the lyrics to the song so you can see them when it spins.

To me this spinner represents my interpretation of this song, and I hope you enjoy it! I wanted to make it colorful and fun, something that represents how I feel when I create. It reminds me that no matter how bad life gets, I will always have what is truly me!

So, now that I've told you all about what I think of the spinner and the song, I'd love to hear your opinion. Please leave a comment, and then hop over to the other blogs!!



Ms. November - Mary G.

Kathi

Glittery Katie

Nicole

Jacquie

Angela

12 comments:

  1. Oooh that's so wacky and perfect for the twinkly song!
    Fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats great dude! Totally not what I expected when we talked but so much better!!!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great song...and a FABULOUS project!! LOVE how you pieced together the many sets to get the spinner at the bottom! I just love it!! Thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow! very detailed! Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. YOur creation is so flippin' amazing!!! Fantabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous. I love the skull on the mermaid. Freaking wonderful.

    Yeah.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, give a creative girl some stamps and look what she does with them!!! I love the piecing together, and it totally reflects the song. Very powerful, and quite impressive Terra!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW, that is very creative. Beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is wonderful Terra. Knew I wouldn't be disappointed following your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am running behind on my comments this week, but this is a FANTASTIC creation. I have never heard that song befor today and it is great! I love how you take stamping beyond the normal realm of the stamping world. You make the most amazing things and I am always amazed when I read your blog. Thanks for sharing with us all and inspiring creativity in myself and others.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is absolutely beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete