Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Soot Monster-Something Wicked

Day 27 and counting down! Only four days left, can you believe it!?! For my share today, I showing a card that I think may be one of my favorites so far. It's dark, spooky, and has a cool story behind the thought process.

I used a technique called soot stamping, and if you've never done it, you have to try it! You basically hold some glossy cardstock over a candle to cover it in soot, then stamp into it using a versamark or watermark ink to "lift" the soot. The result is stunning! For this card, I used the Candy Monster stamp from Third Coast.

The story behind it is that the Soot Monster comes every Halloween to try and steal all the Halloween magic. The stars on the card represent that Halloween magic, and as you can see, he is eating them! Don't ask where the story came from, I just thought of it while planning out the card; it seemed to make sense at the time.

*click for bigger pics*




Like I said, this is one of my faves and really represents the type of projects that I love to make! I hope you enjoy it as much as I do, and I'd love to hear what you think.



I also want to mention, if you're interested at all in purchasing a DIY warmer from Scentsy, now's the time to do it! Since she's gotten such a great response, Tori has decided to continue offering the 10% discount on the DIY warmers for the rest of October. If you'd like to get one with the discount, you have to email her your order and mention Smeared and Smudged. To see the products online, visit her site, but remember not to place the order online or she will not be able to discount it.

If you missed my DIY warmer project, you can scroll down to see it or you can find it here. See you all tomorrow!

4 comments:

  1. Thats freaking cool dude~ Just so you know how much i like it...I put my coffee cup down to type with 2 hands!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i can't wait to try this!!! love the effect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesome technique! I am SO gonna try that!!! Your story behind the card is so clever! Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this! How freakin' cool! I must, must, MUST try this technique! Great job!

    ReplyDelete