Friday, October 9, 2009

Bleeding Heart Domino Earrings

I felt a little creepy today and decided I needed a pair of really creepy earrings to go along with my mood. So, I brought out my dominos and a really awesome stamp from Third Coast that features a skeleton surrounded by roses. I plan on using the whole stamp later this month, but for now the face of the skeleton will do.

I started by drilling my hole into my domino using my dremel tool. Then I added gray and a little bit of red background using alcohol inks, and some silver accents with a paint pen. The image was stamped with stazon.

After letting it set for a bit, I added some red for the roses and a jeweled brad for the heart. I then finished it with a very thin coat of diamond glaze and some silver paint pen on the sides and back. I debated on adding microbeads to them, but in the end opted for more of the grungy, scuffed-up look.





I can't wait to get a new, much better camera, as these pictures really don't do the earrings any justice. The colors are much deeper than what is shown. I'll try to get some better pics if the sun comes out later.

After I go back to the store and buy some ultra fine tipped paint pens, I think I will try to make some more domino jewelry; it's really fun to do and super easy. As far as these earrings are concerned, I love them and will probably be wearing them long after Halloween passes!

5 comments:

  1. How cool are these? What a cool stamp! Now I feel like doing something similar... but on Bamboo beads! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! I bet you are the onlyone with such a "spooky" earrings :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are super cool. Makes me almost tempted to try domino altering

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are hot! Makes me bummed that I lost my dremmel! I have a ton of saved up dominoes to alter- but no way to drill holes. (I have been using them on cards & wall art instead.- but I would love to make some jewelry with them!)

    Great job! ~Danae

    ReplyDelete