Thursday, September 24, 2009

Thrilling Thursday: Fairy Dust


Anyone in need of some fairy dust to make their Thursday Thrilling? After all the late-night work getting my layout "upgraded", I know I could use some!

Well, here ya go *SPRINKLE*SPRINKLE*


This is my first post featuring Prickley Pear stamp images, and I am truly astounded by the amazing Design Team supplies I received from them... I have lots of faves, like, all of them! But, one image in particular stood out to me right away because I am IN LOVE with all types of fairies. I always have been and always will be, I even have a fairy tattoo (that may be a bit too much shared info, but you get the idea). SOOOO, when I saw the Fairy Dust image, I needed to make not one card, but two cards!



I used the same color scheme on both cards, but tried to make each card very different. The first is sweet and pretty and almost has a vintage feel to it because of the whitewash treatment.Plus the fairy image is glitterfied in purple!







The second card is a little more mysterious with gold accents and an irregular layout, and shows off one of the awesome transparency images from PP that I colored from the back using gold leaf and acrylics.







I'd love to hear what you think about them, and be sure to check out Prickley Pear by following the link above! They just introduced some new Halloween images that you'll be seeing here on Smeared and Smudged during my 31 days of Halloween next month. Can anyone say Grim Reaper?!!?!!!

4 comments:

  1. I can I can say Grim Reaper!!!!! LOL Love the cards. Love the stamp, love it all!!! talk to you soon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! All the sparkles are fantastic and I love how you colored the transparency!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! I love fairys too, and this one is awesome! LOVE the beautiful color scheme used!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love that fairy silhouette and love what you did with her.

    ReplyDelete