Sunday, May 17, 2009

Queen of Arts

After a full blown day of stamping cards for an assortment box, I thought I'd do a little something different. I've been holding on to these fabulous deep red and black beads since, oh I don't know, a year and a half ago. I didn't really have a plan for them and then yesterday it hit me! I broke a very pretty green necklace that I had not too long ago and why not make a new one using pieces and parts!?! I've been feeling a little diva red lately...

I have some divine stamps that I ordered from The Enchanted Gallery, see the left side bar for a link, and one image is a gorgeous regal lady with a pimped out collar. Just the right size to fit in one of those rectangular metal frames used for scrapbooking. Soooooo, using my leftover beads, my awesome image, and this frame, I created a brand new stylin' necklace!

I attached the frame and beads using plain metal jewelry pins from Walmart and reused the jump rings and chain from the old necklace. I stamped the image on white cardstock, colored it using markers, watercolor crayons, and my white gel pen, and then attached it to the back of the frame facing out. Of course I had to add some bling to her crown and my word, then covered the whole piece with Crystal Effects, front and back.

Can't wait to show off my new Queen of Arts!

No comments:

Post a Comment